These guidelines form part of the Terms
The IKEA Family Live Sites are a community. Any community must allow discussion, opinions and differences of opinion. There may be opinion or comment on the Sites that you do not agree with.
We expect that all User Content will comply with these Guidelines. We do not moderate, oversee or monitor the Sites. If You have any concerns about Content that appears on the Sites, please contact us and the operator of the Social Media Site where relevant.
Before creating any User Content you should consider whether it applies with the spirit of these Guidelines and the Terms.
You promise that Your User Content contributions are:
- accurate and genuinely held;
- your own and for non-commercial purposes; and
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
You promise that Your User Content contributions and communications on the Sites will not:
- contain nudity or be sexually explicit or violence or is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, deceptive, libellous or offensive;
- infringe the intellectual property rights (copyright , trade mark etc) of any other person;
- contain personal or confidential information;
- be advertisements, junk or repetitive messages;
- modify, interfere, intercept, disrupt or hack the Sites; and
- impersonate any person or to give the impression you are affiliated or linked with Us.
You may use our Sites only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Sites:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Community Guidelines; or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Sites in contravention of the provisions of Our Terms.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Sites;
- any equipment or network on which our Sites are stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Sites; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on Our Sites. Where We do provide any interactive service, We will provide clear information to You about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do Our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on Our Sites, and We will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service We provide on our Sites, and We expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of Our Terms, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where We do moderate an interactive service, We will normally provide You with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in Our discretion, whether there has been a breach of the Community Guidelines through Your use of Our Sites. When a breach of the Community Guidelines has occurred, We may take such action as We deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with the Community Guidelines constitutes a material breach of the Terms upon which You are permitted to use Our Sites, and may result in Our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use Our Sites.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by You to Our Sites.
- Issue of a warning to You.
- Legal proceedings against You for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against You.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as We reasonably feel is necessary.
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of the Community Guidelines. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and We may take any other action We reasonably deem appropriate.